Purpose of this policy
This policy sets out how On Tap Liquor Pty Ltd (we) collect and handle your Personal Information, how you (the client) can access and correct your Personal Information and how you can make a complaint about our handling of your information. Throughout this Policy, the terms “On Tap”, “On Tap Liquor”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to On Tap Liquor Pty Ltd and its associated entities.
This policy does not apply to the collection or use of Personal Information about corporations.
We may modify this policy from time to time by publishing it on our website. We encourage you to check our website periodically. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version of this policy.
Personal Information and Sensitive Information
The Privacy Act 1988
(Privacy Act) deals with ‘Personal Information’ and ‘Sensitive Information’.
‘Personal Information’ is defined as:
Information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
‘Sensitive Information’ includes things such as race, gender, sexual orientation, political opinions, members of a trade association or trade union, criminal record or health information.
We ensure all Personal Information and Sensitive Information we collect about you is handled in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Type of Personal Information collected
We may collect and hold Personal Information, including:
- Your name, date of birth and address;
- Telephone numbers;
- E-mail address;
- Credit card information;
- Liquor licence details;
- Business name and location; and / or
- Other information you provide voluntarily while accessing the On Tap Liquor website or services
Collection of information
We collect your Personal Information so we can provide services to you. We will only collect Personal Information where it is reasonable and practicable to do so and by fair and lawful means.
On occasions, we may need to collect Personal Information about you from a third party, such as your employer. We may also collect Personal Information about you that is publicly available e.g. from public registers. Collection without your consent will only occur where it is unreasonable or impractical to collect the information from you.
We will inform you if we are required to collect Personal Information without your consent under law or pursuant to a court/tribunal order.
Collection of Sensitive Information
It’s our aim to obtain your consent prior to collecting Sensitive Information about you. However, in some circumstances we are permitted to collect Sensitive Information without your consent, including where:
- there is a ‘permitted general situation’ under section 16A of the Privacy Act;
- there is a ‘permitted health situation’ under section 16B of the Privacy Act; or
- as required or authorised under law or pursuant to a court/tribunal order.
Storage and integrity of Personal Information
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of any Personal Information we hold, whether in electronic form or hard copy. This includes protection from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Use and disclosure of Personal Information
We collect, use and store your Personal Information to:
- establish your identity;
- provide our services;
- provide you with details of our other services;
- process payments made by you or received on your behalf;
- comply with legal obligations;
- conduct and improve our business; and
- manage our relationship with you.
We may disclose your Personal Information to service providers and organisations necessary to provide our services to you. We will not disclose any Personal Information to government bodies, including the Department of Justice and state liquor licensing agencies, without your express prior consent unless legally obligated to do so.
By engaging us to provide services and/or by downloading any of our apps, forms or other materials, you consent to these uses and disclosures. You may put limitations on how we use or disclose your Personal Information. We will not use or disclose your Personal Information without your consent or contrary to your instructions unless authorised or required by law (including where the use or disclosure meets an exception in the Privacy Act).
We do not disclose your Personal Information to international recipients for financial purposes. Your Personal Information may be stored on third party computer servers based overseas, including in the US, Europe and Asia. You may contact us for up to date information, if this is of concern to you.
Accessing or correcting Personal Information
We want to make sure the Personal Information we hold is accurate, up-to-date and complete. Please notify us if you believe we hold information that is inaccurate, outdated or incomplete so it can be corrected. There is no cost to do so.
You are entitled to access your Personal Information held by us. You can do so by sending an email to email@example.com or by post to PO Box 7, Ballan, VIC 3342. We will respond to the request within a reasonable period of time.
There may be reasons why we deny access, including where:
- access would be unlawful or likely to prejudice enforcement related activities;
- access would disclose a commercially sensitive decision making process;
- providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the requested information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings with you;
- providing access would prejudice negotiations with you;
- providing access would pose a serious threat to life, health or safety to any individual or to the public in general;
- the request is frivolous; or
- denial of access is otherwise authorised by law.
You are permitted to keep your identity anonymous or use a pseudonym when you contact us. However, we will not release any information related to you without sufficient proof of your identity.
We may charge a fee to cover the reasonable cost of meeting a request to access information.
Any complaints relating to privacy matters can be made to the privacy officer of On Tap Liquor Pty Ltd by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to PO Box 7, Ballan, VIC, 3342.